SUMMARY OF POSITION
Rocket Lab is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Lead at our Long Beach, CA location to support T&E and PCard, data entry of invoices, vendor payments, problem resolution, maintaining organization of all AP documents, and support Manager of Accounting Operations.
What you'll get to do:
- Set high standards for AP Team on AP processing and customer service
- Manage supplier and internal communications
- Full-cycle of Accounts Payable functions, three-way matching, maintain AP Inbox
- Ensure proper coding of invoices, departmental approval and accurate entry into ERP system
- Be the back-up to Manager of Accounting Operations for payment initiations on bank portal
- Work across functionally to solve any discrepancies that may arise
- Maintain GRNI (good receipt, no invoice) report to ensure invoices are cleared in a timely manner. Resolve any unmatched items with Purchasing & Receiving
- Support SOX and financial audits
- Perform day to day administrative duties of the Concur System
- Review, correct and approve T&E and PCard reports on Concur
- Review and process employee expense reports into ERP system
- Assist with month end close process
- Assist with vendor onboarding process
- Ad-hoc project
You'll bring these qualification:
- High School Diploma/GED
- 5+ years of experience with high volume and fast-pace environment
- 5 + years of experience with ERP Systems SAP, Oracle, LN Infor preferred
- 5+ years of experience with Concur or similar credit card platform
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- This position must meet Export Control Compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22. C.F.R. is required
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Associates Degree in Accounting strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem-solving.
- PC/MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficient.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- Typically sits for extended periods at a computer workstation
- Work with safe manufacturing processes and understand that eyewear is mandatory in the manufacturing area.
- Knows that safety shoes are recommended in the manufacturing area
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods
- Must be able to frequently walk & stand for short periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to travel and communicate outside of work hours
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed