Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Based onsite at Rocket Lab's Headquarters in Long Beach, CA the Atlassian Jira Administrator is responsible for the installation, configuration, and administration of Jira, an issue tracking and project management software application. They will ensure the smooth operation of Jira by managing workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, custom fields, custom workflows, JQL queries, dashboards, and scrum boards.
You will support the Director of Enterprise Information Systems and EIS organization.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Install, configure, and administer Jira to ensure its smooth operation.
- Migrate and merge Jira environments and projects efficiently.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to gather requirements and implement new features or improvements in Jira.
- Support end users with training and troubleshooting, ensuring their effective utilization of Jira.
- Recommend and design standard and custom workflows to improve project management processes, document standards guidelines and SOPs related to Jira administration and usage.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Jira administration, in both Cloud and Data Center environments.
- Strong understanding of Jira workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, custom fields, custom workflows, dashboards, and customizing access using permission schemes, groups, roles and so on.
- Familiarity with other Atlassian tools, especially Confluence.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively.
- Experience with Groovy scripting to automate tasks and extend Jira functionality.
- Familiarity with REST APIs and ability to develop custom integrations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Certification in Jira administration or Atlassian Tools
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CA Only)
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.