Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
Neutron is a medium lift launch vehicle capable of delivering the mega constellations of tomorrow, high assurance payloads, and human spaceflight. As a highly reusable launch platform, Neutron will deliver a highly cost-effective and reliable launch solution leveraging Rocket Lab’s proven execution history with the Electron program. If you’re interested in joining a high performing team, pushing the boundaries with a clean sheet development of re-usable liquid launch vehicle, this is your opportunity!
CAD AND PLM SYSTEMS SPECIALIST
Rocket Lab seeks a CAD and PLM Systems Specialist to help build the Neutron platform: Rocket Lab’s medium lift, reusable launch vehicle capable of human spaceflight.
As a CAD and PLM Systems Specialist, you will be responsible on a day-to-day basis for the smooth running of our CAD system and its integration with the Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system through engagement with our vendor and the end users. You will be the point person for communicating with developers or vendors on issues that need to be resolved and will implement upgrades and customizations of the CAD system.
While providing prompt user support and monitoring user activities are a core function of the role, you will also have a strong drive to improve our systems. You will work with the engineering and fabrication teams to implement solutions that help to accelerate design and manufacturing. This could include implementing standardized parts/libraries, developing, and maintaining best modelling and drafting practices, or creating custom CAD tools to automate engineering. You will also be willing to pitch in where needed and assist with surge modelling/drafting support.
Candidates should have strong interpersonal skills and be able to thrive in a creative and collaborative environment in which the best ideas change the company’s direction on a regular basis.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Interface with the CAD vendor/Teamcenter administrator for troubleshooting and improvements.
- Contribute to improvements in PLM processes and the resulting changes in NX and supported CAD systems.
- Work with the Teamcenter administrator to review and evaluate Teamcenter and NX releases.
- Assist and coordinate with the internal IT team as needed for CAD software upgrades and CAD user admin activities.
- Work with users to develop/update tool customizations to improve efficiency.
- Drive the development and maintenance of common parts and features.
- Keep abreast of new versions, features, and modules and disseminate information to the user community.
- Provide a robust CAD operating environment through promptly responding to user requests for support including troubleshooting NX.
- Provide operational support to Teamcenter and CAD users including managing user access, permissions and licensing.
- Support/Deliver training to new and existing staff.
- Create and maintain documentation for user support processes.
- Drive continuous improvement and implement strategies for improving CAD/PLM integration and efficiency.
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
Note: Candidate must meet every qualification in order to be considered
- 3+ years experience supporting a similar CAD/PLM engineering team.
- Experience with implementation of CAD integration on Siemens NX and Teamcenter PLM.
- Experience with developing and deploying proprietary tools into NX and teamcneter.
- Excellent coding & architecture skills in Teamcenter client, server customization, Teamcenter services customization.
- Experience with creating and maintain standard hardware libraries/part families.
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Modelling and drafting experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field with experience in developing, documenting, and training to CAD standards, including drafting standards and modeling standards.
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the California Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CA Only)
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.