Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in Rocket Lab’s evolution into an end-to-end space company that delivers launch, spacecraft, and on-orbit operations. The Space Systems Division is shaping Rocket Lab’s future with Photon, our brand of high-performance satellites, enabling innovative missions in low Earth orbit and beyond including missions for NASA to LEO, the Moon, and Mars and commercial customers, including leading the design and manufacture of 17 high-power telecommunication spacecraft buses for Globalstar.
Rocket Lab is also growing our spacecraft components business, anchored on the acquisition of Sinclair Interplanetary manufacturing reaction wheels and star trackers in Toronto, SolAero Technologies manufacturing solar power and primary structure solutions in Albuquerque, Planetary Systems Corporation manufacturing launch separation systems in Silver Spring, and Advanced Solutions, Inc., provider of flight and ground software as a service in Denver. Our components business is key to vertically integrating our spacecraft solutions and enabling constellations for customers.
PRODUCT EXPERIENCE LEAD
Based at ASI by Rocket Lab’s facility in Littleton, Colorado, the Product Experience Lead is responsible for creating and maintaining excellence in the product experience for customers and employees. You will support the Space Systems organization, with deliverables required for engineering leadership, business development, existing customers, and future customers.
WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO:
- Create demonstration material as needed by Business Development and Engineering
- Perform demonstrations to current customers and potential customers
- Perform end-to-end customer training on all products offered by ASI by Rocket Lab
- Own and maintain the product repository
- Own all aspects of employee technical training, as well as product documentation
- Develop and manage the workflow to address customer needs via Jira Service Desk
YOU’LL BRING THESE QUALIFICATIONS (Note: you must meet every qualification in order to be considered):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience working with spacecraft design/development or spacecraft software
- 5+ years of experience with C++, Bash, Python, and .NET
THESE QUALIFICATIONS WOULD BE NICE TO HAVE:
- Master’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline
- Previous experience using ASI’s software product line: MAX, SOLIS, MAX GDS, MAX DevTool
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience leading software developers, collaborating with other engineering disciplines, and interacting with customers
- Proficiency using Markdown language for documentation
- Proficiency in STK
- Proficiency using Git for version control
- Knowledge of product pipelines in both Team City and GitLab
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage to accomplish project objectives within timelines
The expected salary range for the position is displayed in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
In addition to base salary, Rocket Lab offers a comprehensive total compensation offer package based on individual qualifications and experience, including company stock. Employees will also be eligible for medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k) retirement plan options, and to purchase discounted stock through Rocket Lab's Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Base Pay Range (CO Only)
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.