Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
The primary purposes of the Project Engineer are twofold; to lead the technical aspects of project management from inception and pre-release to launch including interface between project teams and production; and implement engineering change to both systems and processes to optimize business efficacy.
This position will work closely and develop strong relationships with Program Managers, R&D Engineering and Test, Planning/Change Management, the Manufacturing Engineering & Quality team, Production managers and supervisors, and space systems group.
The successful implementation of projects relies on robust communication and thorough organizational process, this will be a key hallmark of the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering (or related)
- 3+ years’ experience as a n engineer, ideally in aerospace
- Hands-on technical experience with complex electro-mechanical systems/assemblies
- Strong communicator, with proven ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- Can-do attitude and flexibility to thrive around growing teams and processes
- Strong experience in project management and/or project engineering
- Knowledge of project management, production interface and ERP software systems such as JIRA, Team Center and ERP/MRP
- Knowledge of production quality metrics
- Hands-on experience with composite assemblies
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits
- The opportunity to work on innovative and ground breaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
If the above sounds like you apply now!
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.