Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
SolAero by Rocket Lab is a leading provider of high-efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high-volume production capability, and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
BASIC SCOPE / PURPOSE:
This is a full-time position based in Albuquerque, New Mexico to operate computing equipment to access job information (e.g., drawings, specifications, and other online information systems). Includes: Set-up, program, and operation of CNC routing and milling machines and hand finishing of parts as required.
- Performs typical machine shop operations.
- Operates computing equipment to perform job tasks (e.g., upload/download programs.
- Responsible for sequence and layout of work and performing any bench work necessary to finish parts to quality specifications.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Operates conventional machining, milling, drilling, taping, and de-burring machines, and completes all bench operations.
- Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
- Must be able to establish standard operating procedures for all machining operations.
- Performs tasks assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required.
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of the coordinate system to identify multiple axes (e.g., X,Y,Z).
- Ability to use various types of hand tools and/or hand-held power tools.
- Knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures and machinability of composites materials (e.g., cutting speed and feed rates for material being machined).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
- MS Office experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience working with machine tools or mechanical assembly.
- Working knowledge of safety protocols.
- Apprenticeship or vocational training preferred.
- Minimum 3 - 7 years of related experience.
- Experience programming with mastercam.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.