Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
While other companies talk about it, we do it!
About the role
Working with the multiple teams in Engineering, Manufacturing and Corporate functions to develop browser-based applications and integration infrastructure used by other engineers as part of the development of Rocket Lab’s Electron Launch Vehicle. These applications rely heavily on relational databases and REST API’s, both upstream and downstream, as part of a service-oriented architecture. Develop Rocket Lab’s configuration management system that will create tools to manage vehicle configurations, and internal system definitions.
A Principal Software Engineer in Business Automation Software Team will be responsible for conception, creation, maintenance and support of browser-based platforms, applications and services in support of operations of the Electron launch vehicle, Photon spacecraft and the Rocket Lab business overall.
- Tertiary qualification in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience within a relevant discipline
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Relational database design
- C#/.NET Development
- Experience with docker / Kubernetes
- Network programming (Sockets / WebSockets)
- Nodejs/NPM related build systems and tooling
- Elasticsearch experience
- Monorepo experience
Rocket Lab Employee Benefits:
- The opportunity to work on innovative and groundbreaking technology
- An employee stock purchase program
- Access to world leading experts to develop your career
- Unlimited barista coffee, fruit, and snacks
- Rocket Lab merchandise – T-shirts, mission patches etc.
- Discounted health insurance with Southern Cross
- Additional parental leave entitlements
- A vibrant team culture with social activities throughout the year
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.