Rocket Lab is a vertically integrated provider of small launch services, satellites, and spacecraft components. Our mission is to open access to space to improve life on Earth. Our team is over 1,500 people strong and we’re adding to it every week. Collaboration is at our core – every idea is heard, and everyone makes a difference. Teams are nimble, decisions are made quickly, and we are action oriented.
From missions to the Moon & Mars, to looking for life on Venus, Rocket Lab has opened up a solar system of possibilities for innovation, exploration and infrastructure in space to make for a better world down here on Earth. At Rocket Lab, our employees have a once in a lifetime opportunity to work on cutting edge projects and leave their footprint in history.
Rocket Lab has vertically integrated to become the world's leading end-to-end space company. From space software, separation systems, solar panels, reaction wheels, and in-house 3D engine builds, anything that goes to space will have a Rocket Lab logo on it.
With our Electron rocket and Photon spacecraft, we’ve simplified space, making it easy and affordable to get your ideas to orbit. And with the development of our re-usable rocket, Neutron, we will have the capabilities for mega constellation deployment, high value payloads, deep-space missions and human spaceflight come 2024.
Rocket Lab has the only private orbital launch site in the world and has become the leader in reliable small satellite launch. The satellites we build and launch are enabling innovation and exploration, they’re keeping countries connected and borders protected, they're monitoring weather and managing waste, they're providing insights on climate change, and helping us manage resources for future generations. While other companies talk about it, we do it!
We are currently seeking Buyers at various levels to join our highly dynamic Supply Chain team based out of Long Beach, CA. You will be responsible for building and sustaining a supply chain in which every purchased production item has a stable supply, from a reliable supplier, with exceptional quality, and under agreed commercial terms. Guide engineering teams on proper sourcing strategy, support suppliers with new product introduction, and collaborate with quality teams to establish efficient and effective validation strategies. Ensure suppliers are developed to grow with Rocket Lab and relationships are set up to foster collaboration and proactively identify/mitigate risks.
What you’ll get to do:
- Responsible for placing Purchase Orders with suppliers, to meet demand
- Responsible for sourcing for new engineering design releases
- Negotiate pricing with suppliers to reduce total material cost
- Manage suppliers for Cost, Quality, and Delivery
- Identify part supply constraints that may impact production schedule, and create mitigation plans
- Accountable for ensuring supplier master data within MRP is accurate
- Work in a cross functional team environment as a strong team player and demonstrate ability to work with other functional groups to achieve company-wide goals
You’ll bring these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or other relevant fields
- Experience as Buyer, Material Planner, Production Planner, or equivalent
- Experience with AS9100, ITAR export controls, EAR, and FAR
- Proven ability to onboard and contract pricing agreements with suppliers
- Proficient in MS Office, ERP systems, math and statistics
- Team oriented, strong demonstrated ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and to multiple deadlines
These qualifications would be nice to have:
- Proficient in SQL and MRP systems
- Experience in aerospace or automotive manufacturing
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Prior experience in rapid growth environment
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize effectively and efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN US OFFICES ONLY:
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations fromthe U.S Department of State.
Rocket Lab provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment at Rocket Lab, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
FOR CANDIDATES SEEKING TO WORK IN NEW ZEALAND OFFICES ONLY:
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States' International Traffic in Arms Regulations.
Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality. For more information on these Regulations, click here ITAR Regulations.