A little bit about us
At Recycleye, we're changing recycling. We've developed ground-breaking AI that works with automated sorting tech like robots and airjets to make waste sorting more profitable. Because the truth is, if you can't afford to sort it, you can't recycle it, so we're changing that! We were founded in 2019, and have been growing rapidly ever since, with installations of our technology at leading waste management companies across Europe and the US.
We partner with our clients to help them produce higher quality outputs, transforming the economics of waste sorting and recycling – it's all about our vision to turn the world’s waste into resource. And our work has never been needed more. According to the OECD, only 9% of plastic waste has ever been recycled, so we’re proud that our work helps to make the recycling of waste materials more attractive.
Be part of it – come and join us!
Why choose to work at Recycleye? Our team works together to grow and succeed, driven by our shared values of empowerment, inclusivity, and perseverance. We offer great benefits (which we think punch above our weight).
We know that our mission will be achieved by having the most passionate, driven, talented, and all-around best people on our team. So come and shape the future and help turn trash into treasure!
The making of Recycleye models is orchestrated by a complex MLOps pipeline that trains, tunes, containerises, and pushes to our IOT vision systems in waste facilities. The models are pushed into production to Nvidia Jetsons. We make extensive use of Docker, Azure, Github-Actions and we mostly code in Python.
· Client site conditions can change our machine’s performance; you will work to understand the real-life conditions that our robotics and machine learning system operate in. Your team designs tests (physical/simulated) and use data to highlight how particular on-site variables affect the performance of our system.
· Ensure and maintain team velocity by unblocking engineers in technical aspects of their work.
· Scope and launch product initiatives that support the company strategy.
· Working with the Product Team to create the technical roadmap in an uncertain environment, balancing business impact vs confidence and making tactical research/development bets.
· Around 7+ years or equivalent experience in delivering production-level code and promoting best practices in python
· Experience with cloud systems such as Azure, GCP, AWS
· Demonstrable commercial experience, with examples of when you’ve had to understand complex commercial requirements to deliver maximum customer value
· Experience working in a startup and scaling a product according to business needs
Nice to have
· Experience with CI/CD pipelines such as Github actions
· Experience with robotics, hardware, IOT, or industrial environments
Even if you don’t tick every box listed above but are motivated by our work and believe you can make a difference on our team, we’d really love to hear from you – so please do apply and drop us a note about what you bring!
We are particularly interested in hearing from you if your background enables you to bring a different perspective to our team.
· An excellent salary that’s both equitable and reviewed regularly
· Shares in the company – each and every Recycleyte is invested in our vision, and we want to give you the opportunity to do so as well, both in your day-to-day as well as in your long-term investment
· Progression: we are growing rapidly and excited for you to make an impact as we do so
· Unlimited holiday
· A welcoming and inclusive team environment with monthly company-wide socials
· Plenty of opportunities for training and personal development
· Healthcare coverage – Vitality is available from your very first day!