Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion Pharmaceuticals is at the forefront of re-imagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, generation of high-dimensional and diverse data sets, and sophisticated analytics. The demand for primary cell types and immortalized cell lines is increasing as the scope of our work continues to grow. As a Production Research Associate, you’ll play an essential role in identifying drug candidates by producing the cellular resources needed to perform thousands of high-content screens per year. You’ll work on multiple concurrent projects and will evaluate, implement, and improve upon large-scale human cell culture systems capable of producing billions of cells per week.
On any given day, you will perform the in vitro culture of mammalian cells across a variety of cell types, vessel formats, and media conditions while employing exceptional aseptic technique. Your work will significantly increase the speed of our drug discovery platform and will help us achieve our mission of decoding biology to radically improve lives.
In this role you will:
- Perform important experiments with careful attention to detail, consistency, and documentation
- Collaborate with our biological and computational science teams to develop the most efficient path to success across all of our laboratory assays
- Grow your knowledge and learn about new approaches and techniques in Molecular Biology and Data Science
- Experience a brand new state-of-the-art cell culture facility deploying the latest in cell culture technology while working on a tight-knit, focused, and spirited Tissue Culture team
Location and Shift:
This position is based at our headquarters in Salt Lake City. This position supports our Tuesday-Saturday shift after initial training.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Tissue Culture Core Supervisor, you’ll join the Tissue Culture Core within Operations. The Tissue Culture Core produces billions of mammalian cells each week for drug discovery and development through the utilization of bioreactors, layered vessels, and database tracking. This small team works closely to meet drug development needs while staying nimble and innovative.
The Experience You’ll Need
- A Bachelor’s degree in a biological field
- Experience with mammalian in vitro culture systems; primary cell experience preferred
- Demonstrated and/or practiced aseptic techniques
- Experience working quickly and accurately, while organizing tasks and delivering quality work with efficiency
- The ability to know when you need to ask for help/insights from their teammates, but can also figure most things out for yourself when needed
- A passion for working in a start-up culture where you’ll leverage creativity and independent thinking
- Some familiarity/comfort with computational tools is desirable, as we embrace the efficiency that comes with using computers to document cell expansion and banking activities in real time
How You’ll be Supported
- Regular 1:1’s with supervisor provides opportunity for support and feedback
- Skilled tissue culture staff provides training on all production protocols promoting industrialized mindset
- Cross-functional interaction and participation across project teams
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.