Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
The Proteomics department is looking for an intern who is enthusiastic about applying bioinformatics and system biology to drug discovery. The ideal candidate should have a background in bioinformatics, with experience in working with omics data and public repositories. The intern will work under the guidance of senior proteomics members and close to software developers and bioinformaticians to analyze data and help to develop tools aimed to map protein-protein interaction networks relevant to elucidate the mechanism of targeted protein degradation in cells. The intern will also have the opportunity to learn about tools commonly used in the industry such as Spotfire, in addition to a number of advanced proteomics approaches and other relevant TPD technologies from our experienced scientists and data analysts.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Curate and analyze different types of in-house data (e.g., proteomics, RNAseq, biophysics, imaging) generated to map protein expression, localization and interactions in cell models
- Perform literature and database review for relevant targeted protein degradation data
- Integrate in-house data with related public datasets (e.g., TCGA, Depmap/CCLE, PDB, AlphaFold and UniProt ), and re-organize data in specific formats (e.g., tabular files, relational and non-relational databases) to be visualized in dashboards (i.e., Spotfire, RShiny)
- Contributes to the development of bioinformatics solutions to gain insight into protein-protein interaction, protein expression and localization
- Translate insight from protein interaction model systems into classifiers and predictors of targeted protein degradation
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge in public omics databases such as Depmap, TCGA, Uniprot
- Course and/or work in data science, machine learning, and bioinformatics
- Experience in visualizations such as Spotfire or RShiny is a plus.
- Familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow is a plus
The Plexium Internship Program offers a pay range based on level of education. The hour commitment per week is 40 hours, Monday through Friday during the summer, and will go to 20 hours a week when the school year starts and classes resume. Interns will be onboarded as temporary employees and will not be eligible for Plexium's benefits, equity, 401K, or bonus plan.
BS Level $22.50 per hour
MS Level $25 per hour
PhD Level $30 per hour
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.