Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
We are seeking an Intern to join our Discovery Technology team, assisting with the development and validation of new assay technologies. The successful candidate will work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment and play a key role in supporting Plexium’s ultra-high throughput drug discovery efforts. This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate or master's student with a strong interest in biology and drug discovery to gain valuable experience in cell culture, immunofluorescence, data analysis.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Support the development and validation of new assay technologies
- Characterization of live cell dyes (live cell phenotypic stains)
- Development and validation of live cell dye imaging protocol on fluorescent imager
- Optimization of assay conditions for plate-based and Picowell device-based screening
- Communicate results and analysis effectively via statistical plots and presentations
- Read literature on cell painting techniques and apply knowledge to experiments
- Keep detailed records of experiments performed
- Contribute to the development of SOPs
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or master's student in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- Previous hands-on research experience in biology/biochemistry/molecular biology lab environment
- Foundational knowledge and techniques in molecular biology, or related field
- Cell culture experience is highly preferred
- Programming experience is a plus but not required (Python, R, Matlab, etc)
- Possesses ability to learn quickly and work independently to apply learned knowledge
- Detail oriented, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
The Plexium Internship Program offers a pay range based on level of education. The hour commitment per week is 40 hours, Monday through Friday during the summer, and will go to 20 hours a week when the school year starts and classes resume. Interns will be onboarded as temporary employees and will not be eligible for Plexium's benefits, equity, 401K, or bonus plan.
BS Level $22.50 per hour
MS Level $25 per hour
PhD Level $30 per hour
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.