Plexium is a pharmaceutical company focused on developing first-in-class protein degrader therapeutics that go beyond the limitations of bivalent degraders and cereblon molecular glues. Our novel integrated drug discovery platform consists of state-of-the-art medicinal chemistry and DNA-encoded library technologies, ultra-high throughput cell-based screening, deep biological understanding of protein degradation, and extensive proteomics and informatics capabilities. Our integrated platform allows us to discover and develop novel degraders of therapeutically validated proteins for cancer and other important disease areas.
Plexium has a positive, friendly, and collaborative work environment with a culture that values teamwork, initiative, ownership and thoughtful risk-taking in developing innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems. We are committed to fostering innovation at all levels, cross-functional team collaboration, and supporting the growth and development of our team members.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual who is currently pursuing a degree in biology, biochemistry or a related field. The intern will work alongside our team of experienced scientists and gain hands-on experience in cell biology and proteomics techniques, experimental design, data analysis, and scientific communication. Additionally, the intern will have the opportunity to participate in lab meetings, attend internal seminars, and learn about the latest advances in the field of drug discovery.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Preparing samples and reagents for proteomics experiments using molecular and cellular biology techniques
- Conducting experiments under the guidance of senior lab members
- Maintain accurate records of experimental data and contribute to data analysis
- Maintain a clean and organized laboratory environment, adhering to safety and sterile techniques
- Participate in team meetings by presenting and discussing experimental results
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently enrolled undergraduate or master's student in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or a related field
- Working knowledge in standard molecular biology techniques and mammalian cell culture
- Familiarity with basic laboratory techniques and procedures
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn new skills
The Plexium Internship Program offers a pay range based on level of education. The hour commitment per week is 40 hours, Monday through Friday during the summer, and will go to 20 hours a week when the school year starts and classes resume. Interns will be onboarded as temporary employees and will not be eligible for Plexium's benefits, equity, 401K, or bonus plan.
BS Level $22.50 per hour
MS Level $25 per hour
PhD Level $30 per hour
Notice to third party recruitment agencies: Plexium does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed recruitment services agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without an agreement Plexium shall explicitly reserve the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, shall be deemed the property of Plexium.