Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is a global company with employees working remotely world wide and joining us from offices in San Francisco, Washington DC, Germany, and The Netherlands.
About the Role:
Your mission is to elicit and evaluate business requirements, consult with stakeholders from Planet finance department and identify areas to automate and/or improve business processes. You will drive new or enhanced Anaplan implementations, upgrades and integrations. You will learn and grow from both technical and business domain knowledge working with the best in class business systems portfolio. To succeed in this role, you’ll be an experienced Anaplan Model Builder who understands how business needs can be addressed through flexible, integrated systems solutions.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Play a strategic role in the design and implementation of Planet’s FP&A systems and integration solutions
- Own Anaplan requirements backlog, system architecture, access management, configuration and integration
- Partner with cross functional teams to understand existing excel models and translate them into efficiently built Anaplan models
- Configure and maintain Anaplan lists, modules, dashboards, actions and other model settings
- Implement Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) within Anaplan models
- Manage Data Integrations & Data HUB
- Leverage business process knowledge and expertise in the Anaplan area to drive business process improvements
- Work with 3rd party vendors and engineering teams to assess and take proactive steps to reduce technical debt and leverage new system capabilities
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of Anaplan implementation experience
- Good understanding of the end-to-end Financial Planning & Budgeting Process
- Knowledge of SDLC, prototyping, iterative development, and Agile principles
- Hands on experience building Headcount, OPEX and CAPEX models in Anaplan
- Experience with code management and model optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a specific focus on explaining technology topics clearly and to a variety of audiences with varying technical sophistication
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, and Gitlab
- Understanding of SOX and ISO27001 controls
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Data modeling and data integration experience
- CPO or CSM Agile certifications
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
The US base salary range for this full-time position at the commencement of employment is $97,600 - $160,500. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary short-term and long-term incentives (bonus and equity). The final salary range is determined by job related experience, skills and location. The range displays our typical hiring range for new hire salaries in US locations only. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.