We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The System Administrator will be responsible for day-to-day support and administration our Servers (Physical and Virtual), Workstation policy, Mobile Device Management (MDM), Google Workspace and Office 365. The position would also be responsible for ensuring 100% uptime in our OT and IT server environments. The System Administrator will participate in design, evaluation and implementation of IT and OT System infrastructure across all company locations. The position will also be responsible for user provisioning and access management in Google Workspace, Active Directory and other cloud technologies.
This position is located in our office in Union, SC.
● Owns all VMware related operations as it comes to all MycoWorks Virtual Machines and Host Hardware. Includes but not limited to vCenter, ESXI, VSAN, Clustering, Virtual Networking, etc.
● Makes design recommendations to IT leadership on best practices and optimization of server environment.
● Responsible for managing Commvault backups on-prem and ensuring data is also duplicated in the Cloud
● Manages; Active Directory,Group Policy and vendor access for servers and workstations
● Leads efforts of a full migration from to Azure AD/Office 365 from Google Workspace. Implement AAD, Microsoft Endpoint Manager (For all Windows workstations), Office 365 applications, and is responsible for the creation of all policies and restrictions.
● Builds and is responsible for all SAML Integrations with all MycoWorks SAAS applications to AAD.
● Performs regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery and failover procedures
● Responsible for administration, user provisioning and access management in Google workspace and other cloud technologies utilizing Identity and Access Management platforms
● Implement, monitor, and maintain Microsoft Azure solutions and resources, including major services related to applications, storage, networking, subscriptions, security, and high availability disaster recovery
● Manage Azure AD infrastructure and collaborate with various teams to ensure it integrates seamlessly with all components including network, security, messaging, and remote access
● Manages vendor access to OT network and ensures that proper permissions are in place
● Evaluate, specify, and direct IT hardware and software solution implementation
● Ability to travel up to 25% of the time to our other manufacturing plants and colocation facilities as needed
● Microsoft and VMware certifications preferred
● 5+ years of hands-on experience with VMware Clustering and vSan Technologies
● 5+ years of System Administration
● Hands on experience with Dell servers and experience with configuration of iDRAC, and ESXI.
● In depth knowledge of Microsoft/Office 365 Migrations. Prior migration experience from Google Workspace is a major plus
●Hands on Experience creating Virtual machines via vSphere to match the requirements of the software of the respective application while ensuring resources within the cluster remain balanced
● Prior experience with failing over VM’s and rebalancing resources when failing back to the original VM
● Experience with EndPoint Security, MFA, Email Encryption, MDM, etc.
● Knowledge of OIDC, SAML, OAauth, LDAP, Active Directory, and relevant IT architectures
● Technical knowledge of Azure platform services of equivalent cloud hosting platforms.
● Technical understanding of hMail and understanding of setting up proper alerts
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with attention to detail
● Proficient understanding of evolving Information Security regulations and best practices
● Ability to multitask and be flexible to accommodate changing business needs and
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.