We’re on a journey to Grow the Future of Materials. How? By unlocking the unique properties of mycelium, the root structure of mushrooms. Our patented technology, Fine Mycelium™, unleashes a new class of materials crafted from nature, engineered for performance, and built for a resilient future.We’re seeking passionate learners to join us in pioneering a materials revolution and creating an epic place to work. MycoWorks offers competitive equity and benefits programs to support the health, well-being, and financial empowerment of all our employees.We root our relationships with our partners and one another in our core values: Be Mycelial, Cultivate Quality, and Grow the Future, and we're committed to building a diverse team and an inclusive environment where all employees belong. Women, gender-expansive individuals, people of color, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and LGBTQ+ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
MycoWorks is seeking a person to fill the role of Production Process Engineer. This person will be responsible for improving all machinery, processes, and operator capability in MycoWorks’ new Reishi™ production facility.
Critical focus areas for the Production Process Engineer will be: eliminating the facility’s top losses to root cause; development and maintenance of critical Daily Management Systems; assisting with the implementation of the MycoWay (MycoWorks’ novel manufacturing work system); coaching and development of all plant operators via the rollout of standards; improving the quality systems throughout the facility. The Production Process Engineer will be expected to accomplish their work via daily on-the-floor coaching (50-80%).
This role interacts heavily with multiple organizations, including Engineering, Quality, Supply Chain, EHS, and Process Development. The role reports to the Production Line Leader.
This is an on-site role at our manufacturing plant in Union, South Carolina.
- Identify, prioritize, analyze, and eliminate manufacturing process losses and inefficiencies
- Collaborate with experts across multiple functions and disciplines in order to arrive at the best possible solution to any given problem
- Become the “process expert” for the assigned area of ownership and be able to give technical and process input for future improvement projects
- Create daily action plans to support the Line’s Daily Direction Setting (DDS) cycle
- Assist the Production Line Leader with the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) process
- Build Operator capability through the development and training of Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions, and One-Point Lessons via the Leadership Coaching on the Floor (LCOF) system
- Become an Autonomous Maintenance expert and utilize related Daily Management Systems to implement and maintain systematic fixes
- Own the delivery and start-up of new machinery and projects within the assigned area of ownership
- Assist in the development and rollout of quality-related standards
- Support the implementation of the MycoWay by leveraging servant leadership principles
- Promote a “Zero Defect” culture within the facility
- Helps to drive the company vision in production facility
- Serve as the back-up to the Production Line Leader
- BS in Engineering or Business is preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in Manufacturing working on the production floor and coaching operators
- Knowledge of root cause analysis tools and ability to coach others in the organization on their proper execution
- Experience working in cross functional teams
- Understanding of TPM / Lean methodologies
- Ability to execute gap analyses and create focused action plans
- Understanding of Autonomous Maintenance (AM) systems, specifically: Defect Handling; Centerline; Clean, Inspect, and Lubrication
- Knowledge of statistical process control
- Ability to make business decisions quickly while under pressure
- Able to effectively give and receive feedback to individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to operate with incomplete information and implicit instruction
- Knowledge and experience working in a cleanroom environment a plus
- Experience with starting up new equipment and/or production lines a plus
We are a 24/7 manufacturing operation. This role may require overtime and the ability to work varied shifts in order to meet the needs of the business.
MycoWorks offers world class benefits and compensation programs to support the health, well-being and financial empowerment of our employees. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Vision and Dental plans at no cost to employees
- Optional insurance coverage for partners and dependents
- FSA Accounts
- Free Personal Health Advocate
- Generous PTO policy
- Paid parental leave
- Paid holidays beyond the traditional
- 401(k) program
MycoWorks may contact you via text message regarding your application for this or similar opportunities. You can always text STOP to opt out.