Founded in 2019, Lumafield has developed the world's first accessible X-Ray CT scanner for engineers. Our easy-to-use scanner and cloud-based software give engineers the ability to see their work clearly, inside and out, at an extremely affordable price.
Engineers make million-dollar decisions every day, and they need tools that give them the greatest possible insight into their products. By offering unprecedented visibility into products, as well as AI-driven tools that highlight problems and generate quantitative data, Lumafield promises to revolutionize the way complex products are created, manufactured, and used across industries.
We are an impact driven company obsessed with providing the best value to our customers keeping their needs at the center of our evolution. Our team today includes world-class researchers and industrial designers, PhDs, creators, founders of successful startups, and zero egos. We are backed by top venture capital funds like Kleiner Perkins, Lux Capital, DCVC, Spark Capital, and others.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA and has an office in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
Lumafield designs, manufactures, installs and services the world’s first accessible X-ray CT scanner. Lumafield’s product is a complex hardware-software system. We collaborate to deliver an incredible experience for our customers.
You will perform installation and maintenance on Lumafield scanners at customer sites. When you are not in the field, you will help maintain our tradeshow fleet, and in-house scanner fleets.
You will work with engineers to troubleshoot, tune and calibrate production systems. You will help refine SOPs to increase safety, improve quality and increase efficiency.
The ability to troubleshoot a problem and track down the root cause of the issue is important.
- Uncrating, commissioning and calibrating Lumafield scanners
- Perform preventative and repair maintenance at customer sites
- Regular travel to customer sites within the US and Canada
- Create, update, maintain training materials and safety guidelines
- Are a well-rounded technical thinker with experience in computer, electrical, mechanical systems including sensors, and actuators
- Comfortable using common hand tools (e.g. drill, torque wrench, etc.)
- Are meticulous and pay attention to detail in your work
- Can comfortably and professionally interact with customers and suppliers
- Ability to follow a written procedure and identify deviations or problems
- Strong verbal communication skills to describe situations and issues to teammates who may be remotely supporting you
- Strong written communication skills for writing service reports
- Enjoy collaborating within and across teams
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Machine shop skills (drill press, lathe, Bridgeport, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot computer, electrical, and mechanical issues
- IT skills
- Linux proficiency
- Enjoy working within a customer facing environment
- Hands-on prototype integration and troubleshooting: soldering, crimping and testing
This role will be located in Lumafield’s Everett Facility and Cambridge office. You will travel to customer sites and occasionally to Lumafield’s San Francisco office, depending on local, state and federal regulations and recommendations pertaining to COVID-19.
Lumafield offers both competitive cash and equity compensation, as well as a health & wellness stipend, 401k, parental leave, flexible PTO, commuter benefits, company wide events and more!
Lumafield is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, because the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Do you feel like your skills don’t meet every single requirement listed? We encourage you to apply anyway – If you’re excited about our technology, the opportunity, and are eager to learn more we’d love to hear from you!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or veteran status.
Reach out if you want to be a part of what we are building.