Our companies are made up of insanely talented people driven to change the world — and many of them are hiring. If you have drive, expertise, and a taste for adventure, we wholeheartedly encourage your interest.
Houston, TX, USA · United States · Remote · Houston, TX, USA · Texas, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
About Kairos Aerospace
At Kairos Aerospace, we combine innovative aerospace systems with advanced data science. Unlike traditional aerospace companies, we sell information, not hardware - we operate our sensors cost-effectively at continental scale to produce novel data streams about pressing global problems.
First on our list: spotting hard-to-monitor emissions of methane, a potent greenhouse gas that accelerates climate change. Since starting continuous survey operations in 2018, Kairos has removed methane emissions equal to over 72.6 million tonnes of CO2e through our work. To put that in perspective, that’s equivalent to over 15.8 million cars being removed from the roads or shutting down about forty-seven 350 MW coal-fired power plants for a year.
We call that a good start.
As a team, we love science and engineering, we love getting our hands dirty with hardware and software, and we love seeing our work make a difference in the real world.
We’ve created a diverse, collaborative, supportive, and fun environment based on integrity and treating people right. So no matter your sex, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, race, age, beliefs, sexual orientation, or disabilities, we welcome you and would like to work with you. :-)
It’s never boring, it’s always challenging, and we’re usually laughing.
A note of encouragement: If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications below, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role's requirements.
Individuals with a disability are encouraged to contact [[email protected]] to request assistance with your application and accommodations in advance of your interview.
Director of Methane Results (Senior Account Executive)
Kairos Aerospace is a holistic methane solutions partner for the oil and gas industry with product offerings that move far beyond those typically found in leak detection and repair. Our solutions are leveraged to increase profits, successfully navigate the new regulatory landscape, and improve efficiency, enabling our clients to stand out amongst other operators as leaders in methane emissions reduction. Our technology is designed to cover vast areas and pinpoint super-emitter leaks, allowing us to produce massive results for the environment. Indeed, Kairos may have already had a more positive climate impact than any other company in human history. In 2022 alone, the methane we prevented from being released into the atmosphere is the equivalent of having taken 15 million cars off the road.
We are looking for a quota-busting Director of Methane Results (Senior Account Executive) who is driven by the opportunity to make a critical and outsized mark on our business, our customers, and the planet. The Senior Director of Methane Results will report directly to the VP of Methane Results and will work closely with our CEO, who has deep expertise in building commercial momentum for cleantech startups.
In this role, you will utilize knowledge of the power dynamics of our target customers to develop relationships with executives who exert high influence over methane program decisions and help them understand the implications of the new and rapidly moving methane transparency movement.
Specific Functions and Objectives include:
Leveraging Target Research
•Leverage our internal research team to develop a strong understanding of market trends and the competitive forces that are affecting each target customer.
•Develop a deep understanding of our target market segments and articulate how we design custom solutions that efficiently meet the goals of each target customer.
Value Proposition and Strategic Messaging
• Convey targeted value propositions and solutions to demonstrate how Kairos is very different from “one size fits all” competitor offerings. Articulate why this highly differentiated approach produces outstanding customer outcomes.
• Leverage superior listening skills to develop a deep understanding of customer pain points, key messaging, and sales tools allowing us to guide our customers through holistic challenges- not ust methane..
•Proficiently respond to challenging customer questions and unwind inaccurate industry preconceptions around methane.
• Participate in the development and commercialization of new product solutions and the enabling technologies, with a deep understanding of the value our customers capture from our services.
• Manage and develop close working relationships with other groups throughout the organization (e.g., Field Operations, Customer Success, Analysis, and Reporting) to help ensure the company’s resources are being used efficiently to achieve our growth and climate impact goals.
Our ideal candidate is a technical insider with field-level engineering experience who appreciates the power of a consultative approach and enjoys working a full sales cycle from generating leads to closing deals.
Must be based out of Houston, Dallas or in close proximity to a major O&G basin with some blend of the following:
• O&G experience in the upstream and/or midstream markets
Technical experience with a preference for field-level engineering background
• An appreciation for highly strategic, consultative selling
• Expertise in running a full cycle sales desk successfully and independently
• Superior listening skills and the facility to build rapport quickly
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
• A culture enhancer with a team-focused mentality that welcomes collaboration in the design and execution of highly targeted sales strategies
• High-level contacts throughout the O&G community
• Knowledge of or experience with Level 3 Selling (Revenue Storm or similar sales techniques)
• Successful background selling to large O&G organizations OR inside sales within an O&G company
Life at Kairos
A few important facts about working at Kairos Aerospace:
- We provide health, dental, and vision insurance, including subsidized coverage for dependents. Our 401K plan provides a 50% employer match on employee contributions up to 8%.
- We think death-march hours are a bad way to run a company. We expect something approximating a 40-hour workweek, but mostly we just care that your work gets done. No, really. (Full disclosure: we occasionally put in some extra hours during crunch periods, but that is the exception, not the norm).
- We do not track vacation time, nor do we have set hours to be in the office. Instead, we encourage taking real vacations, mental health days, leaving early to pick up the kids, working from home, time-shifting commutes, staying home when you're sick, ducking out to the gym - we believe work time should be flexible.
During the pandemic we transitioned to 100% remote work aside from hardware, flight operations, operations engineers, or any role that specifically states it is in the office. For most positions, we plan to continue having remote opportunities in perpetuity.
(We love it when kids make a cameo in a video call.)
Kairos Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Kairos makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.