HUMAN was founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore by Tamer Hassan, Michael Tiffany, Dan Kaminsky, and Ash Kalb. Our humble beginnings led to the creation of the Human Defense Platform, the backbone of all our products that safeguards enterprises from sophisticated bots, fraud, and account abuse. Today we verify the humanity of more than 20 trillion interactions per week for some of the largest companies and internet platforms.
Our hacker roots still permeate everything we do. You will be a part of the HUMAN front line in our commitment to protecting companies (and in turn, their customers) from both revenue and reputation risk caused by digital attacks. However, HUMAN is not the center of this story. Humans like yourself are. We firmly believe in putting people first. This approach spans our extensive total rewards package, inclusive of competitive compensation, benefits, stipends - as well as our day-to-day culture - to ensure every human is empowered to do the best work of their life. We want to hear about the marathon you’re training for. We want to see pictures of your pets. We want to know your favorite robot (we have many).
Even if you’re not a conventional “hacker” we can assure you that you are a hacker in your own right. We want to work with people like you who break down problems to build up better solutions. That’s what makes us HUMAN.
You’ll be joining us at an exciting moment in the HUMAN story: we joined forces with PerimeterX in a market-changing merger, as well as recently acquired clean.io to enhance the Human Defense Platform. Together under the HUMAN brand, we will disrupt the economics of cybercrime. We hope you can join us in that mission.
As a successful Financial Analyst you will help support the finance team by providing accurate and reliable forecasts, analyze financial and operational data to provide business insights, and build and own complex financial models. You will also support the FP&A and investor reporting processes by collaborating with the FP&A and accounting teams. The Financial Analyst role will report to the Dir. of Finance and have the chance to work on a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
What you'll do:
- Build and maintain complex financial models that bring together financial and operational data and provide insights in support of the Finance team and HUMANs needs such as, cash flow forecasting/analysis, financial statement forecasting and pro-forma financial statement analysis
- Take ownership of specific aspects of FP&A month-close and reforecasting processes that may relate to OpEx, Revenue, Headcount, etc. and provide variance analysis on areas of responsibility
- Clearly communicate financial insights to finance team members and management
- Produce accurate, timely, financial reporting in support of FP&As monthly reporting process
- Provide overall support to the finance team in investor reporting, fundraising needs, corporate development, and other ad-hoc projects
Who you are:
- 2+ years of experience as an analyst in investment banking, PE/VC, management consulting or in a high-growth SaaS environment
- You have a advanced Excel skills and are able to build and maintain complex financial models
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to produce high quality, accurate results that you are proud of
- You are open, transparent and work collaboratively with your team and business partners
- You constantly drive for accuracy and look for ways to continuously improveYou are a finance professional that has shown rigor and quality in their work and a desire to learn
- You can adapt your knowledge to new platforms and systems
- Knowledge of accounting principles and ability to work effectively with the accounting team
- Be able to prioritize effectively during times of high pressure
- Knowledge of the systems HUMAN uses a plus: Adaptive Insights, NetSuite/Intacct, Looker
HUMAN prides itself on being an equal opportunity workplace. We firmly believe in putting people first regardless of who you are, where you come from, how you identify, or who your favorite robot is (we have many). We are on a mission to protect the integrity of the internet for everyone, so we welcome all individuals to come to share their unique experiences and perspectives as we fight against cybercrime together!With Humans located in all parts of the world, we’ve fully embraced our diversity of thought and are always looking for innovative ways to connect with one another - even in virtual reality! Although New York City is our HQ, with teams in London, Virginia, and Victoria, we trust our Humans in choosing where they work and how they work. The benefits package we provide reflects our remote-first culture and our commitment to our Humans’ personal career development, which includes annual stipends for home office setup, wellbeing, and learning & development. We also offer flexible time off, no-meeting Fridays, R2D2 days, sabbatical programs, and so much more.
We’re constantly trying to anticipate the needs of our Humans to ensure each one of us is equally prepared to do some of the best work of our life. Taking care of one another is part of the HUMAN experience and how we build true HUMAN connections.
If you are an individual with a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us directly.
The base pay range for this position is $75,000-$90,000, which can include additional on-target commission pay/bonus. The base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Stock options and other incentive pay may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, depending on the position ultimately offered.