Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
The Senior Content Strategist will be responsible for developing and executing a content strategy that is tailored to multiple audiences and personas, optimizing for different platforms and formats. This role will spend half of their time creating content and should be comfortable writing about technical subject matter, particularly in data/analytics, agriculture, and climate.
As a Senior Content Strategist, you should bring a distinct point of view and methodology to their writing practice and be able to explain their strategy and writing choices based on a history of prior success in engaging multiple audiences. This is an individual contributor role that has the potential to grow into a management position.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute content strategy that aligns with our target segments and personas.
- Regularly write messaging and content pieces in a variety of formats (e.g. sales enablement materials, product demos, press releases, blog posts, social media content).
- Define the relevant pillars that will drive content production and establish a distinctive tone, voice, and potential outputs for each.
- Create sales enablement content and manage a ‘Bill of Materials’ for sellers.
- Manage the end-to-end content creation, edits, and approvals process.
- Collaborate with editorial, design, website, and marketing teams to provide critical content expertise and deliverables.
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in content writing, content strategy, or a related field.
- Exceptional writing skills with the ability to create compelling content across a variety of formats.
- Proven ability to develop and execute content strategies that drive engagement and growth.
- Experience managing the end-to-end content creation process.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work proactively.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including leadership teams, throughout the content creation process.
- Ability to develop and present content performance reports and insights.
Nice to Have
- Experience in CPG, agribusiness, and/or climate.
- Experience managing a team of content creators.
- Familiarity with SEO and content marketing best practices.
- Understanding of web design and UX principles.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $120,000 - $145,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.