Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
What You'll Do
- Embed with agile development teams to design, implement, and automate security guardrails across all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Assist teams in triaging, analyzing and prioritizing remediation of application security vulnerabilities.
- Manage security technologies, including but not limited to application security testing (SAST), dynamic application security testing (DAST), container security and software composition analysis (SCA) tools, to integrate security guardrails into the continuous integration/continuous development (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Perform security focused code and architecture reviews.
- Assist in development of security processes and automation that prevent classes of security issues.
What We're Looking For
- A highly motivated, self-starting individual with keen interest in enabling security development practices.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role, including previous experience implementing and/or managing SDLC security tools (e.g., SCA, SAST, DAST, etc.)
- Familiarity and ability to explain common security flaws and ways to address them (e.g. OWASP Top 10).
- A basic understanding of network and web related protocols (eg: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of: Linux, Git, Docker and CI/CD pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to translate both technical and business needs into security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in computer science or a related technical field.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) and Kubernetes security best practices.
- Proficiency in Terraform, Pulumi or any Infrastructure as Code platform.
- Experience performing application security penetration tests, participating in bug bounty programs or red team operations.
- Accredited IT (including cloud) and/or information security certifications.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $115,000 - $150,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.