Gro Intelligence is tackling two of the biggest problems facing the world today: food security and climate change. We understand and quantify the complex interplay between food, weather, trade, agriculture, and macroeconomic conditions in a world upended by climate change, a growing population, and more. The team at Gro has built a platform that allows businesses, non-profits, and governments to better plan for and adapt to these changes. With offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore Gro has the financial backing of prominent investors such as TPG Growth, Intel Capital, Data Collective, and GGV. Gro is a diverse, intellectually curious team of technologists, scientists, and business professionals united by a shared commitment to build AI that addresses agriculture, food, and our climate on the most fundamental level.
Gro is hiring an Associate for the Office of the COO to drive the onboarding of new data sources to Gro from end to end - starting with understanding the team’s requirements, researching possible data sources all the way through to reviewing contracts with our data providers and onboarding new sources. The successful candidate will be adept at understanding requirements, researching unfamiliar topics and shepherding a multi-faceted process from start to finish. This role will play a crucial role in the growth of the business: data underpins everything we do at Gro. You’ll join the Office of the COO to initially focus on this area of data licensing and have a multitude of opportunities for future internal mobility.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with a wide set of internal clients and external data providers to research, source and secure the data required for our analysis
- Engage in detailed requirements gathering sessions with stakeholders to understand their needs; synthesize complex and varied requirements
- Research technical and non-technical aspects of a diverse set of typical and atypical data sources
- Represent the needs of our internal teams in contract negotiations with data providers
- Drive each new request for a data source from ideation to technical onboarding; manage several ongoing requests simultaneously
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience in either investment banking, management consulting, or venture capital
- An entrepreneurial approach and ability to take ownership of projects in a startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to synthesize complex requirements
- Excellent attention to detail
- Curiosity regarding data sources in climate and agriculture
Nice to have
- Experience of evaluating data sources
- Experience with Point Of Interest (POI) data.
The salary range for this role is expected to be $85,000-$115,000. Other compensation for the role includes equity, a generous PTO policy and health, vision & dental insurance.
Gro was founded in 2014 and currently has offices in Nairobi, New York, and Singapore. The company was built on diversity and the knowledge that artificial intelligence is only as good as the human intelligence behind it. Gro’s team represents the world it is modeling. At the company, we speak more than 27 languages and we comprise a wide range of experts, from agronomists and crop scientists, to mathematicians, engineers, data scientists, market research analysts, designers, historians, and philosophers. Our culture fosters collaboration between people of extremely different backgrounds that allows us to accomplish things that would otherwise seem impossible.
Gro Intelligence is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.