GenEdit is an early-stage company committed to the discovery and development of innovative genetic medicines through a proprietary and novel delivery platform. With our team’s collective expertise, we are advancing novel therapies, ushering in a new era of genetic medicine which can edit out disease and rewrite patient health. We are seeking talented and motivated individuals to join our team and are expanding across all functions within the organization in the near future.
Reporting directly to the CSO, the Head of Platform is a critical leadership role in the R&D organization, responsible for driving the strategy and innovation of our NanoGalaxy platform. The successful candidate will have a strong background and understanding of the early drug development process. They will demonstrate the ability to guide and manage teams to facilitate optimal workflows and manage short and long-term Platform goals.
They will collaborate with talent in South Korea and work closely with all other functional teams of our R&D Organization and external partners. The appointed individual will also be a contributing member of the Research management team to plan and execute on company objectives and the research strategy for all programs.
- Vision: Develop the vision for the NanoGalaxy Platform team. Be responsible for executing the relevant agreed and prioritized strategies
- Leadership of the platform team: Manage and grow the team that screens innovative polymer nanoparticles, conducts SAR and medicinal chemistry. Prepare and track annual department budget and allocate resources appropriately to effectively further the company pipeline
- Supervision: Responsible for the hiring, motivating, development and supervision of highly talented scientists & research associates. Provide strong leadership, clear direction, development opportunities and open communication to direct and indirect reports
- Innovation: The Platform will identify new IP and work closely with the patent attorney to fill internal patents and work closely with the Senior Director of Corporate Strategy to evaluate relevant innovative technologies as required
- Collaboration: They are responsible for establishing a strong collaboration across the whole organization and in particular with the payload, in vitro/ in vivo and preclinical groups
- Communication: Serve as GenEdit speaker and ambassador at conferences, advisory boards, or external events as appropriate
Education and Qualifications:
- Ph.D, M.D., or equivalent in Chemistry, Physic, Bioengineering, Life Science, or related life science field
- At least 10 years of scientific/pharma research experience with at least 5 years of experience of management/leadership experience overseeing project/research team members
- Experience networking within the life science ecosystem with the proven ability to establish collaborative working relationship
- Intellectually agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Work authorization in the US is required
Skills and abilities:
- Experience with developing cell-based HTS assays to establish SAR
- Experience with leading Medicinal chemistry team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and execute the vision & the strategy for the Platform team
- Creative and pro-active approach to problem solving
- High level analytical capability
- Ideally, strong theoretical understanding of biophysical characterization of nanoparticles
This opportunity is being managed on behalf of GenEdit by our Executive Search Partner, Haybury.
If you have the expertise and experience for this opportunity and the ambition to take on this position, please call Stephanie for further details or email your CV today.
Contact Stephanie Holmes
phone: +44 01273 059653
At GenEdit we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enable us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, and the world.