Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
Freenome’s Clinical Data Analyst will be responsible for collecting, cleaning and analyzing clinical data, ensuring the data quality and integrity, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to provide insights that support decision-making. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both clinical practice and information technology, as well as experience in the development and implementation of clinical informatics tools to manage, reconcile, and interpret clinical data.
How you’ll contribute:
- Manage and maintain clinical data systems, including upgrades, patches, and user access
- Clean, organize, and ingest clinical data according to the Freenome’s clinical study needs
- Participate in the design and implementation of new clinical informatics tools/solutions and integration with existing systems to support clinical data needs in Freenome
- Provide training and support to clinical and technical staff on the use of clinical data systems. Serve as a subject matter expert internally for data interoperability standards and educate others about the clinical data collected for a study and how to most effectively integrate into analyses
- Analyze the clinical data to monitor/report progress and trends of subject enrollment and clinical data collection, provide summary statistics and information about the clinical study to support study decision making
- Collect stakeholder feedback on clinical data organization, infrastructure, and content to iterate and make Freenome’s expansive data store as valuable as possible
What you’ll bring:
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a clinical informatics, bioinformatics, data science, or related field
- Direct experience processing, analyzing, and integrating data from multiple sources in clinical research or healthcare IT environments. Experience with clinical data is a plus
- Proficient in Python, or R and familiar with SQL. Good at any other programming languages is a plus
- Understanding of cancer biology, genetics, genomics, and oncology
- Experience working in a HIPAA-regulated environment and following Good clinical practice (GCP) is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with clinical and technical staff
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary for new hires is $85,000 - $130,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits depending on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.