Why join Freenome?
Freenome is a high-growth biotech company developing tests to detect cancer using a standard blood draw. To do this, Freenome uses a multiomics platform that combines tumor and non-tumor signals with machine learning to find cancer in its earliest, most-treatable stages.
Cancer is relentless. This is why Freenome is building the clinical, economic, and operational evidence to drive cancer screening and save lives. Our first screening test is for colorectal cancer (CRC) and advanced adenomas, and it’s just the beginning.
Founded in 2014, Freenome has ~500 employees and more than $1.1B in funding from key investors, such as the American Cancer Society, Andreessen Horowitz, Anthem Blue Cross, Bain Capital, Colorectal Cancer Alliance, DCVC, Fidelity, Google Ventures, Kaiser Permanente, Novartis, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Roche, Sands Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Verily.
At Freenome, we aim to impact patients by empowering everyone to prevent, detect, and treat their disease. This, together with our high-performing culture of respect and cross-collaboration, is what motivates us to make every day count.
Become a Freenomer
Do you have what it takes to be a Freenomer? A “Freenomer” is a determined, mission-driven, results-oriented employee fueled by the opportunity to change the landscape of cancer and make a positive impact on patients’ lives. Freenomers bring their diverse experience, expertise, and personal perspective to solve problems and push to achieve what’s possible, one breakthrough at a time.
About this opportunity:
The newly created Director, Product Management, Lung Screening position will play a critical role in defining and delivering Freenome’s lung screening solutions to patients. In this role, you will define the product strategy, user needs, and commercialization plan for lung cancer early detection blood tests that will support patients in need of screening. These lung cancer early detection blood tests will be used by providers to increase adherence to screening and, thereby, improve patient outcomes. You will represent the customer perspective to internal teams and be the business owner of the lung screening product line. You will help define the user needs through voice of customer research, develop the go-to-market commercialization plan through cross-functional engagement, and lead the commercialization effort as a central hub of commercial excellence and execution.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Product Management and can be onsite at our headquarters in South San Francisco, California, hybrid, or remote.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the vision and product strategy & lifecycle roadmap for Freenome’s lung screening solutions
- Conduct market research (secondary and primary) to analyze market dynamics and unmet needs of patients, payers, providers, and less traditional healthcare delivery channels
- Ideate and prioritize products that would support patients throughout their lung cancer early detection journey
- Define product lifecycle roadmaps for prioritized products, taking into account the ecosystem of stakeholders involved
- Define the user needs for Freenome’s lung cancer early detection blood tests
- Conduct voice of customer research to document and quantify user needs
- Collaborate with Freenome’s R&D team to translate user needs into design inputs
- Work with Freenome’s R&D and clinical development teams to understand how technical capabilities will impact product requirements
- Develop the go-to-market commercialization plan with cross-functional teams (e.g., medical affairs, marketing, sales)
- Research, analyze, and synthesize overall market data to appropriately segment customers and product selection criteria
- Assess competitor offerings and commercial strategies to properly position against and compete on the market
- Lead cross-functional teams to execute on the product. Bring strategic lens to:
- Inform and guide the team’s activities
- Drive cross-functional coordination
- Prioritize deliverables and resource needs
- Problem solve challenges
- Bachelor’s degree; degree in an analytical, technical, or scientific field, and advanced degree preferred
- At least seven years of experience in diagnostics, biopharma, or molecular life sciences industry
- At least three years of experience in product management for clinical diagnostic products
- At least two years of experience in a business strategy role (e.g., management consulting, corporate strategy)
- Demonstrated design-thinking approach to to understand users, challenge assumptions, redefine problems, and create innovative solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions-oriented and bias-to-action
Nice to have:
- Understanding of FDA regulations for clinical diagnostics and experience leading product management from R&D stage to clinical validation to FDA approval and commercialization.
Benefits and additional information:
The US target range of our base salary rate for new hires is $191,000 - $295,000. You will also be eligible to receive pre-IPO equity, cash bonuses, and a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits dependent on the position offered. Please note that individual total compensation for this position will be determined at the Company’s sole discretion and may vary based on several factors, including but not limited to, location, skill level, years and depth of relevant experience, and education. We invite you to check out our career page @ https://careers.freenome.com/ for additional company information.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws.