The Elevator Pitch
Evolv is looking for a motivated Sales Research Analyst to be responsible for researching prospective accounts that fit within our 2023 go to market priorities. In this role, you will leverage a suite of sales research tools to research both high-level market trends in our strategic verticals, as well as tactical account and title-level details to support the NA sales organization in building a robust pipeline of highly qualified prospective end users. This person will also be instrumental in delivering impactful data insights and trend analysis that will be used to optimize our GTM strategy.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Learn about Evolv’s mission, and how this role supports our corporate objectives
- Get set up for success by diving into sales research tools (LinkedIn, SalesIntel, Sales Engagement, Salesforce, Zoom info)
- Work closely with sales development reps (SDRs) in your territory to build out a territory prioritization plan
- Learn about market landscape & threat climate in your territory, specifically in the K12, healthcare, and workplaces segments.
- Familiarize yourself with security grant and funding landscape, specifically in K12, healthcare, and workplaces
Within 3 months, you will:
- Be an expert in leveraging sales research tools to identify sales qualified leads in our target markets
- Partner with the marketing org to identify leads in our 2023 go to market focus accounts
- Develop a communication cadence that supports regional priorities across 5 geographic regions (“pods”).
- Support data integrity projects for the sales dev group
- Become a trusted partner of the SDRs and sales managers
- Attend trade shows to engage with prospects, customers, and the internal team in a live setting
- Promote Evolv’s value proposition
- Develop and report on set of KPIs that deliver meaningful insights about the volume and progression of leads, and our team’s ability to convert those leads into qualified sales opportunities
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have developed salesforce reporting & dashboard expertise to measure top of the funnel pipeline health, lead conversion metrics, and targeted outreach results
- Be perceived by the team as a reliable and impactful sales research leader for the sales dev org
- Partner with the Director, Business Development, to publish quarterly results on pipeline growth, trend analysis, and insights to the NA sales org
- Involve yourself with (and learn from) industry associations that are dedicated to security in our key verticals (healthcare, k12, workplace)
- Partner with sales leadership within each geographic region to develop targeted outreach campaigns
- Have developed a deep, operational understanding of various state, local, and federal funding programs that are relevant to the adoption of Evolv Express.
- Be utilized as a resource for industry news, events, and developments within the sales territory
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Run weekly check-in meetings with sales development leaders in each pod to prioritize regional research priorities
- Expediently deliver a high volume of new end-user prospects for our sales dev group to pursue
- Be proactive about researching upcoming funding opportunities and grant programs that support the advancement of Evolv’s mission
- Tackle complex reporting projects that highlight strengths and areas for improvement as related to the movement of leads thru our sales funnel
- Deliver key insights about trends in security in healthcare, K12, and workplace settings
- Get involved with other research communities and industry alliances to stay on top of market trends that relate to weapons screening
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Business Development team with an SDR team of 6 (soon to be 9)! This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The ideal candidate for this role will be based out of our Waltham, Massachusetts HQ, and will have the ability to work from home roughly 25% of the time.