The Elevator Pitch
Are you passionate about generating sales for a company? Do you enjoy providing excellent customer service to clients?
Evolv is looking for a motivated Sales Development Representative responsible for finding potential clients for Evolv and starting new relationships with interested clients, thus expanding our customer base. In this role, you will build highly qualified early-stage pipeline for the North American sales organization to support revenue targets.
Success in the Role: What are performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
In the first 30 days, you will:
- Work closely with account executives in your territory to build out a territory prioritization plan
- Learn about the market landscape & threat climate in your territory, specifically in the K12, Healthcare, and workplaces segments.
- Gain a deep understanding of Evolv’s mission, our Evolv Express & Insights products, and learn how to deliver compelling value proposition per vertical
- Learn how to have meaningful conversations about sensitive security protocols with a broad range of end-user prospects
- Understand how to identify security pain points and vet prospects for potential fit
Within 3 months, you will:
- Gather meaningful feedback from the field (prospects, customers, partners) to share with internal teams
- Own the lead discovery and qualification process
- Achieve monthly qualified sales opportunity generation goals
- Gain the confidence and trust of Account Executives in a designated region
- Pipeline management – foster data integrity within Salesforce.com CRM
- Attend trade shows to engage with prospects, customers, and our internal team in a live setting and promote Evolv’s value proposition
By the end of the first year, you will:
- Have developed strong pipeline of highly qualified sales opportunities your region in key verticals (k12, healthcare, factory/warehouse)
- Converted at least 10% of SDR-sourced pipeline into contracted revenue
- Be perceived by the team as the demand generation leader in the territory
- Partner with the field marketing team to drive successful live events
- Be utilized as a resource for industry news, events, and developments within the sales territory
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing on a regular basis?
- Deliver highly qualified, end user opportunities to the region per month according to our qualification criteria
- Have meaningful, engaging conversations about prospect's security concerns that compel the prospect to take the next step with Evolv
- Become an expert at salesforce and other productivity & enablement technology as it relates to the SDR (Sales Development Representative) role by report building, campaigns, cadences, lead engagement tracking, Showpad, and LinkedIn
- Drive demand in key verticals as per our 2023 go to market plan (K12, healthcare, factory/warehouse) being measured by % of pipeline per segment
- Be meticulous about measuring relative success of different approaches (subject lines, messages, cadence, frequency, channel) and continuously refine the outbound approach to optimize time spend
- Be perceived as a strategic partner to Account Executives, sales managers, and field marketing teams
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining the Business Development team with an SDR team of 6 (soon to be 9)! This role reports to the Director of Business Development.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, on-going development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The ideal candidate for this role will be based near our headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts with the desire to work with our teams in person, most days.