The Elevator Pitch
Evolv Technology started as a small team with a clear mission: return confidence and peace of mind to people visiting public spaces. As the leader in human security, our team is dedicated to making the world a safer place. Our technology detects weapons and threats in a touchless and friction-free manner, enhancing safety without negatively impacting the visitor, student, and employee experience. Our solutions use a combination of Artificial Intelligence and digitization of data, which is all integrated into our “smart” detection technology.
As an Education Regional Manager at Evolv, your primary focus will be to create demand and educate prospective K-12 customers and their communities on the advantages of our solutions . Our Education Regional Managers work directly with customers and our sales organization to ensure prospective customers understand our solution and that Evolv understands their needs. The ideal candidate will play a key role in increasing revenue by expanding market awareness, assisting our sales team and, most importantly, ensuring we meet the unique needs of prospective customers and communities.
The Role: What are performance outcomes will you work toward completing over the first 6-12 months?
- Within 3 months, we hope you are well on your way to building new sales opportunities and have a well-thought-out plan for further growth of your business and self. You should also have a complete understanding of our closing process.
- Within 3 months, develop positive relationships with other members of the organization and engage regularly in regional pod meetings to enable team success.
- Within 3 months, understand how to assist your assigned region develop market demand.
- Within 6 months, become a critical member of the region, actively engaged in all K-12 deals within the region and be viewed as an Expert in Evolv solutions in a K-12 business development role.
- Within 6 months, be able to independently support the K-12 needs for consultation, expertise, and deal structures for your assigned region.
- Within one year, we hope you have achieved 100% of your quota, excelling at channel development and new logo sales.
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What assignments, requirements, or skills will you be performing regularly?
- Trusted Advisor: 33%
- Provide subject matter expertise to Evolv messaging, positioning, and strategy as it relates to keeping schools safe for students and educators.
- Develop customers for life by becoming a trusted advisor to customers
- Influence local legislation or funding to ensure keeping schools safe is top priority within your region
- Evolv and Industry Evangelist: 33%
- Represent Evolv by speaking at industry events with credible subject matter expertise in keeping schools safe.
- Attend local safety conferences and other leadership events to network and ensure regular growth and learning in a dynamic, fluid field.
- Cultivate relationships across the K-12 industry to include security, community organizations, parents, teachers and staff, both by providing support and expert recommendations and evangelizing Evolv's leading technology
- Evolv Support: 33%
- Guide, develop and counsel communications with customer facing teams across Evolv
- Provide expert assistance to the sales and technical sales team for active deals
- Work with the broader education team to ensure consistent improvement and coordinated success
Your subject matter expertise will inform strategies to ensure products and services are well-aligned with what customers need and the needs of their community. We believe parents, teachers, faculty and students should have a strong voice in determining the safety plans for their community!
- Leverage your experience as an Educator and Administrator to help districts across your region
- Adapt to fast-growing and changing environments.
- Facilitate potential client conversations, placing a strong emphasis on listening to their needs and helping them achieve their goals.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on products and services via Zoom and in person.
- Support the sales team strategy and deal support.
- Overcome sales objections.
- Use solution-oriented approaches and consultative selling tactics, orchestrating and aligning stakeholders around a common objective.
- Influence at the (C-suite) executive level, specifically School Superintendents and School Boards.
Travel requirements can be up to 50-80% of the time depending on trade shows, customer needs, and business development activity according to the territory plan created by the Account Executive. Some of our K-12 customers operate on nights, weekends, and holidays, which means that on some occasions, our Education Regional Managers will too.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team?
- You will be joining an established and passionate Education Vertical team that supports regional teams that are further organized by sub-regional “Pods”. The pods will comprise 10-15 other “Evolvers” (Senior Account Executives, Sales Executives, Customer Success Managers, Solutions Engineers, Field Marketers, and vertical specialists). The team sits in the Revenue Organization.
- The team culture is one based on building trust, collaboration, and ongoing development through kindness, authenticity, courage, drive, and fun!
Where is the role located?
- The location of this role is flexible in the (East/Central/Western USA).