As a physician-founded and led organization, ensuring everyone has access to quality healthcare is what inspires us. That’s why we hire people who genuinely care about patients, solving healthcare challenges, and making a positive impact every day. Join us and help change the future of healthcare for the better.
• 120+ locations and growing, along with vast virtual coverage
• 1 million+ patients to-date
• 2,000+ caring clinicians and support staff serving their communities
• Backed by investors such as CVS Health Ventures and Blackstone Horizon
The Medical Receptionist position is responsible for greeting and registering patients as well as administrative tasks and procedures that support an exceptional patient experience. This position is ideal for those who wish to pursue a career in health care. This is a fast-paced role that calls for the ability to multitask, think on your feet, and work independently. We are looking for someone who is customer-focused, empathetic, and positive. This role is critical to the entire patient experience.
Location: Westbank Market - 3300 Bee Caves Rd, #440, Austin TX 78746
Schedule: Full-Time 30+ hours a week + alternating weekends
Hours of Operation: 9AM-7PM
What You'll Do
- Be the first and last interaction with our patients; greeting, scheduling, verifying insurance and collecting payments
- Introduce the Carbon app to patients
- Administrative work such as writing referrals and preparing lab paperwork
- Work collaboratively on projects with clinical leadership to enhance the patient experience
- Minimum 1 year experience in customer service or customer facing position
- Familiarity of Apple products, including iPads and Mac desktops and troubleshooting connectivity issues
- The ability to remain focused and calm during stressful situations
- Typing speed of 50+ WPM
- Comfortability working independently and autonomously
- Experience and familiarity with medical insurance (understanding of costs, deductibles, copays, coverage) preferred
- Open to working weekends and holidays as needed
• Forward-thinking, transparent, and inclusive company culture
• Competitive salary, generous paid time off, learning time off, company provided high quality scrubs
• Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental & vision insurance
• 401k employee contributions and pre-tax commuter benefits (transit and parking)
• FSA, HSA, and dependent care options
• Employee referral bonus program, employee resource groups, and professional development
• All benefits dependent on role and eligibility
Job Scam Alert!
Scammers are sending job scam emails pretending to be recruiters at Carbon Health. These emails are designed to trick candidates into applying for jobs that require candidates to provide personal information and potentially engage in criminal activity. If someone from Carbon Health reaches out to you, we will not keep the conversation on the social platform. Rather, we’ll use the platform to make contact and will move the conversation to phone/email. All Carbon Health emails will have the @carbonhealth.com domain—it will never have any other domain attached to the email address. We will never ask you to do a job interview over Zoom, Messenger, Telegram, Teams or Skype. We use Google Meet only. Additionally, any efforts to make contact through social media or email in regards to a job will also inform you of an open position we have and will direct you to apply directly on our site
Carbon Health is a leading national healthcare provider with a mission to make high-quality healthcare accessible to everyone. We offer primary and urgent care to nearly two-thirds of the U.S. Leveraging our unique technology platform, we meet patients where they are by delivering care across a variety of access points, including in-person clinics and virtual care. Carbon Health also focuses on value-based care and other value-add services to employers, health plans, health systems and other ecosystem partners.
We recognize that the key to success lies in valuing the minds, experiences and perspectives of people from all walks of life. Carbon Health is proud to value diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Carbon Health is an E-Verify employer.