Atomwise is a technology-enabled pharmaceutical company leveraging the power of AI to revolutionize small molecule drug discovery. The Atomwise team invented the use of deep learning for structure-based drug design; this technology underpins Atomwise’s best-in-class AI discovery engine, which is differentiated by its ability to find and optimize novel chemical matter. Atomwise has extensively validated its discovery engine, delivering success in over 185 projects to-date including a wide-variety of protein types and numerous “hard-to-drug” targets. Atomwise is building a wholly owned pipeline of small-molecule drug candidates, with three programs in lead-optimization and over 30 programs in discovery. The company has raised over $174 million from leading venture capital firms to advance its mission to make better medicines, faster.
About the role
We are searching for an innovative and highly motivated Senior Manager, IT to manage all aspects of the Corporate IT infrastructure at Atomwise. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for managing a variety of outsourced IT resources, along with individual responsibilities in the areas of compliance, security, and software systems management. You will work closely with other departments to ensure that our technology systems are aligned with our business goals, and our compliance posture is consistent with industry norms and partner expectations.
- Develop and implement IT strategies and initiatives that support our company's growth objectives and compliance requirements
- Manage the relationship with our contract vendor providing helpdesk support and other IT services, ensuring they are meeting service level agreements and providing excellent customer service to our employees
- Manage compliance projects across multiple teams, including IT and engineering to ensure our infrastructure is secure, reliable, and compliant with regulatory and partner requirements
- Keep track of new regulations, industry best practices, and implement continuous improvement on an ongoing basis
- Provide leadership for all Corp IT projects to ensure goals, timelines, and costs are adequately evaluated and documented, and in compliance with company targets.
- Lead the Corp IT budgeting and planning process. Develop sound business cases and analyze key business initiatives and informational needs that support, improve, and/or transform business operations, processes, and strategy
- Transform the complex and idiosyncratic (and, for muggles, often frustrating) practices of proper Corp IT management into useable, comprehensible, and efficient systems that everyone at the company, however technology-challenged, can use and appreciate without wanting to throw their laptop into a mulcher
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the field of Information Security, Audit and/or Compliance.
- Proven experience leading and overseeing IT teams, managing business Information Systems/Technology, IT strategy, network Infrastructure/architecture, Data Security, and ERP systems
- Demonstrated vendor management skills, with ability to build effective relationships with business partners
- Experience working in a regulated networking environment and working in a Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology company
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Security, or related field is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of one or more of NIST 800-53, ISO 27001, HITRUST, or SOC2
- Demonstrated experience in providing validation support of GxP systems used to support clinical studies
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Stock compensation plan – you’ll be an Atomwise co-owner
- Platinum health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match (up to 4%)
- Flexible paid time off (PTO), 13 paid holidays, and wellness breaks for employees to spend time with their loved ones and recharge
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Account options to help save money on healthcare, daycare, and commuting
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and Pet Insurance
- Funding for professional development and conference attendance
- Flexible work schedule
- Generous paid parental leave
- High performance culture
- Great colleagues
Atomwise is an equal opportunity employer and strives to foster an inclusive workplace. Our mission is to develop better medicines faster, and we know that we need a diverse team to develop medicines that serve diverse populations. Accordingly, Atomwise does not make any employment decisions (including but not limited to, hiring, compensation, and promotions) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, and local law.
We strongly encourage people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
*Pay range for this role is between $140,000 - $175,000*