The Contract IT Support Engineer will play a key part in providing first line support to colleagues based in our laboratories in Whittlesford and Babraham. As part of a varied role the IT Support Engineer will provide desk side support as well as troubleshoot matters arising in the labs and in meetings. This role represents a great opportunity to begin a career in IT within the biotech and pharmaceutical industry.
• Analyse, troubleshoot, and diagnose hardware and software problems for employees as part of first line support.
• Proactively update, maintain, and monitor computer networks to ensure optimal performance for scientific research and laboratory. operations.
• Install and configure computer systems and applications, including scientific software and tools specific to the biotech industry.
• Respond to customer inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges related to scientific computing and data management.
• Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage specific to the biotech industry.
• Act as the initial point of contact for computer and system related concerns from clients or other employees in the biotech company.
• Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for computer hardware specific to the biotech industry.
• A friendly, open and collaborative approach to IT Support.
• Experience in first line and second line support with an ability to think critically to solve problems.
• Extensive experience working with different operating systems including Windows and Mac OS.
• Time-management skills and the ability to establish reasonable and attainable deadlines for resolution.
• A high level of proficiency in spoken and written English.
Please ensure that you outline how you match the criteria for the post and why you are applying for this role.
• Experience providing support within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
Alchemab Therapeutics is an ambitious, fast-paced company focused on the discovery and development of protective antibodies in neurodegeneration and cancer. The platform technology mines the antibody repertoires of resilient individuals to discover novel therapeutic targets and pathways. The company brings together cutting-edge technologies including antibody repertoire profiling, deep learning, antibody and antigen phage display techniques and functional biology assays.
Alchemab comprises a talented team of diverse, highly motivated and experienced individuals spanning the areas of drug discovery, bioinformatics/technology and business. The Company is at a point of rapid transition and expansion having recently secured Series A financing from top-tier investors in April 2021 and plans to expand operations to the US (Boston, Massachusetts area). The Company is actively looking at future partnership and financing options.
Alchemab currently has offices and labs on the Babraham campus and Whittlesford in Cambridge and an additional office in London.