AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing tech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are seeking a multidisciplinary, technical product manager to join our Data Architecture team supporting scientific and process data management across our platform.
In this role, you will work with scientific, data science and software engineering teams to support efficient data capture, analysis, and traceability of scientific and process data in our integrated ELN and data platform. You’ll lead a team of technical product managers with authorship of product specifications, workflow development and user training across our scientific pipeline. You’ll collaborate directly with software and scientific technical leads to coordinate the development of custom applications by software engineers and reporting & analysis by data scientists.
How you might spend your days:
- Guiding and mentoring individual product managers in technical product design, authorship, and project management across a broad portfolio of scientific teams.
- Engaging with teams to flag data quality issues, identify root causes and design long term resolutions via updated data capture processes.
- Educating and training of the data platform to scientific users, in collaboration with our Learning & Development team.
- Collaborating with scientific or business team leaders to deeply understand their work, then translating this understanding into standardizing workflows for program execution and reporting across an individual product portfolio.
- Maintaining broad understanding of the AbCellera pipeline via collaboration with scientific, business and software team members, and communicating the architecture of multiple systems and processes spanning antibody discovery, production, and characterization.
- Working with technical leadership to develop cohesive platform strategy and author product requirements for software development teams, then working to manage product priorities and execution across laboratory data management systems.
- Working with project teams to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements such as FDA, CAP, CLIA, as well as internal policies and processes.
We’d love to hear from you if:
…you’re a scientist or product manager with experience in team leadership, a curiosity spanning scientific disciplines, a passion for complex systems & data and the ability to communicate with different technical audiences. You’ve worked at the intersection of multiple teams and dig into the details of scientific processes. Your unique experience could include any of the following…
- Design and support of scalable laboratory processes and data management systems involving multiple scientific functions and disciplines including automation engineering, software engineering and data science.
- Design and support of integrated data or process platforms supporting complex inventory management, operationalized machine learning or process control capabilities.
- Mentorship and development of highly effective product managers working in systems with multiple software teams and business stakeholders.
- You are passionate about analysis of complex data and communication to interdisciplinary project teams.
The required qualifications and experience:
- A M.Sc. or B.Sc. degree in life sciences, engineering, or other technical fields, with 6+ years relevant work experience involving software implementation, project management or lab operations.
- A proven track record leading and mentoring individual product managers, project managers or laboratory information management specialists.
- A proven track record translating strategic product priorities into actionable plans distributed among multiple technical teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills communicating scientific concepts, technical requirements, and project decisions to diverse audiences.
- The skills to perform exploratory analysis to make and communicate data driven decisions using python or SQL.
- Experience with laboratory data management systems (e.g., ELNs, registries, LIMS, LIS) . Experience with Benchling is a plus.
Offers & Benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we create innovative solutions for our partners - combining custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients.
This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it. We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23043 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.