AbCellera is a young, energetic, and rapidly growing biotech company with an amazing team that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease.
We are seeking a highly-motivated and experienced Grant Accountant to join our Finance team. Working closely with your colleagues on the Finance team, you will be primarily responsible for performing routine accounting procedures in accordance with our processes with a focus on grant funding and non-dilutive funding. You will work with the broader AbCellera team to ensure our policies and procedures, as they relate to Finance, are maintained to support our continued growth.
How you might spend your days:
- Preparing and submitting grant claims, including the review of costs for completeness and compliance with grant program criteria
- Acting as a key contributor to monthly, quarterly, and annual internal & external financial reporting by owning grant income entries
- Supporting the development of grant forecasts and optimization of multiple government grant and tax programs by collaborating with the Strategic Finance and Tax teams
- Executing the grant process from end-to-end to support finance and project management, including collaboration with business partners and external stakeholders to develop new funding applications and proposals
- Ensuring that AbCellera’s financial records are maintained in compliance with company policies (e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley Act and US GAAP) and grant program requirements
- Assisting with internal and external auditor requests related to grants and other non-dilutive funding
- Promoting workflow & process development within a rapidly growing finance function, including assisting with systems implementations and integrations
- Supporting other members of the the Finance team on various projects
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have a minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a similar role or a CPA and/or equivalent designation
- You have a moderate to advanced level of excel proficiency
- You are adaptable, flexible, team player who enjoys working in a changing environment
- You have impeccable attention to detail
- You are able to work independently, and demonstrate initiative and accountability
- You think critically and show great judgment in your decision-making process
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to help us get there.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23087 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.