AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. AbCellera has made significant news as a leader in the development of antibody therapeutics to treat COVID-19. We won’t stop with this success though, and continue to partner with industry leaders to identify therapeutics for serious diseases.
Biomarkers are widely used at every stage of drug discovery and development. Utilization of biomarkers has the potential to make drug discovery, development and approval processes more efficient. We are seeking a highly motivated, independent Research Scientist to help develop and execute complex biomarker assays to generate and interpret biomarker data to increase confidence in various therapeutic targets and to support data-driven decision making. This lab-based role is a great opportunity to contribute to bringing novel treatments to patients in need by discovering biomarkers that can predict response in patients. The scientist will have the opportunity to work closely with scientists across the entire company from discovery to translational sciences.
How you might spend your days:
- Designing, running, and interpreting complex biomarker assays to increase confidence in biological mechanisms for various therapeutic targets, according to established biomarker plans
- Contribute to building biomarker plans by evaluating available preclinical and clinical data
- Collaborating with teams across the company for the coordination, generation and interpretation of biomarker data
- Training and mentoring more junior scientists
- Identifying and evaluating new technology to build and improve experimental capabilities
- Preparing and authoring key findings to support data-driven decision making
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are strongly self-motivated and work independently to identify project needs and follow that up with building and implementing solutions
- You can contribute to building data sets, working closely with bioinformaticians, that help to predict the success of therapies by designing experiments that test the biological mechanisms of key targets. This effort ultimately helps our partners move faster and more successfully
- You agree that understanding how to select patients and read out clinical activity belongs at the beginning of the drug development process. And that this understanding should be tested and refined throughout
Required qualifications and experience:
- A PhD in Oncology, Immunology, Biomedical Sciences, or other relevant field, or MSc with 5+ years in an academic or industry wet lab environment
- Demonstrated understanding of assay development of complex biomarker and immunological assays, including use of human samples
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing complex multiparametric flow cytometry assays
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional team
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we find the next generation of therapeutic antibodies. To succeed, we have created innovative solutions at every step - custom antigen preparation and immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation - leaving no stone unturned and revolutionizing how scientists can explore natural antibody diversity and the scale at which they can do it. You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
We’re a growing company with state-of-the-art discovery tools and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of innovators working together to solve the toughest problems. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23071 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications and are only able to contact those who are selected for an interview.