AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. Today, we’re able to discover antibodies and deliver them to our partners. But we’re not stopping there. We’re expanding our capabilities to help our partners get farther in drug development faster. We are seeking an experienced Senior Research Scientist who can build and grow with us - an expert multitasker who loves finding answers to interesting biological questions using multiple experimental datasets. If you’re self-motivated, creative, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Leveraging genomic, transcriptomic and other -omics datasets in order to provide insights into key biological questions around the mechanism of action of antibody therapies
- Interpreting results from Bioinformatics analysis and provide expertise in target assessment efforts
- Designing experiments that analyze RNA, DNA in order to elucidate the mechanism and pharmacodynamic response of antibody therapies
- Collaborating with wet-lab scientists and use statistics and visualization techniques to design and interpret experiments
- Developing visualization techniques to effectively represent multidimensional data.
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a related field and 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated expertise in R, Python, building complex code in a collaborative environment
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience working with high-throughput sequencing data
- A demonstrated ability to find creative and functional solutions to complicated problems
- The ability to express complex ideas in understandable ways, and to communicate effectively with people from different fields
- Leading projects to completion demonstrated ability
- Excellent documentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- A good foundation in statistical analysis
- An understanding of the basics and limitations of experimental protocols
- A background in immunobiology
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23075 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.