AbCellera is a nimble, energetic, and quickly growing tech company that searches, decodes, and analyzes natural immune systems to find antibodies that its partners can develop into drugs to prevent and treat disease. We are not afraid of challenges and together we tackle tough problems. Today, we’re able to discover antibodies and deliver them to our partners. But we’re not stopping there. We’re expanding our capabilities to help our partners get farther in drug development faster.
We are seeking an experienced scientist with expertise in Quantitative Systems Pharmacology modeling who can design, develop and leverage mechanistic mathematical models that will support the decision-making in the development of antibody therapeutics across a variety of therapeutic areas and modalities. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of Canada’s most innovative biotech companies and to contribute to our cutting-edge research on antibody engineering, advanced mammalian cell systems, and molecular research supporting the discovery of novel monoclonal antibodies for therapeutic use.
How you might spend your days:
- Collaborating with scientists across Discovery and Translational Research in order to develop QSP and PK/PD models that will help assess key parameters of antibody therapeutics and assist in determining aspects of antibody design, target prioritization, and biomarker characterization
- Partnering with the Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics teams to support study design of in vivo studies
- Performing sensitivity analysis and hypothesis testing in order to identify key design parameters of interest for antibody molecules
- Presenting findings and results in a concise manner to a diverse audience
- Acting as a subject matter expert in projects where modeling and simulations input is required
Required qualifications and experience:
- PhD in Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or a related field, and 8+ years of experience in an industry setting
- Excellent understanding of theory, principles and statistical aspects of mathematical modeling and simulation, using numerical methods and parameter estimation/optimization
- Hands-on experience using mathematical modeling software (Matlab, Simbiology, NONMEM, Monolix) and data analysis and visualization software (R, Python)
- Ability to learn new areas of biological sciences and integrate the knowledge and data to develop QSP models
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- A demonstrated ability to find creative and functional solutions to complicated problems
- The ability to express complex ideas in understandable ways, and to communicate effectively with people from different fields
- Excellent documentation skills with impeccable attention to detail
Bonus qualifications, but not required:
- Experience working in Cancer or Autoimmune/Inflammatory diseases
Offers & benefits:
A generous compensation package including an equity stake in AbCellera’s success. Our headquarters are nestled in the heart of Vancouver, Canada - we’ll support you and your family in every way we can to relocate if you haven't had the joy of living in this beautiful area!
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please send us your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23076 in your cover letter. We apologize in advance, but we receive a large volume of applications, and will only contact those who are selected for an interview.