AbCellera is a vibrant, rapidly growing company nestled in the heart of Vancouver. We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to take on the exciting new role of a Laboratory Operations Assistant, Central Services. This role offers the unique opportunity to join one of Canada’s top tech companies, while growing with a team that believes in teamwork, innovation, and mutual support. If you’re a responsible, self-motivated, creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, we’d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Laboratory Operations Assistant, Central Services to join our growing Laboratory Operations, Central Services team. You will be working together with our dynamic team to support and anticipate the needs of multiple spaces that are essential to the operation of our laboratory teams. This includes maintaining and troubleshooting common laboratory equipment, preparing glassware for laboratory use, supporting waste management, taking ownership of keeping areas organized, monthly qPCR testing, and various other tasks that are critical to the upkeep of our labs.
How you might spend your days:
- Using laboratory glassware washers, autoclaves and ovens to clean and sterilize laboratory glassware and other labware
- Performing maintenance on lab services equipment, like autoclaves, glassware washers, ovens, water purification systems, and freezers
- Performing basic troubleshooting on pipettes and assisting in sending pipettes out for external repair
- Performing monthly qPCR testing to rule out cell culture contaminants
- Collecting used laboratory garments in a timely manner and redistributing clean garments
- Communicating the need for additional laboratory garments to ensure an adequate supply is available
- Proactively identifying, communicating, and solving areas of improvement
- Assisting in building scalable workflows as the company continues to grow
- Taking part in Central Services move planning to prepare for company expansion to a new building in 2024
- Ensuring common laboratory spaces are kept clean and up to standard
- Flushing eyewash stations and testing emergency showers
- Monitoring and reordering consumables for common spaces
- Supporting with waste management in collaboration with the Safety Team
- Using various softwares such as Google Suite to carry out, track, and organize daily tasks
- Coordinating activities and events with the rest of the Lab Operations team and other labs
- Maintaining a safe and productive work environment and lab facility, meeting regulatory requirements
- Supporting the team on ad hoc tasks when needed
We'd love to hear from you if:
- B.Sc. or Diploma in a relevant field
- You have excellent documentation, communication and organizational skills with impeccable attention to detail
- You thrive in a collaborative environment
- Eagerness to solve problems both big and small
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced work environment and coordinating with your team to juggle multiple competing priorities
- You take pride in being a self-motivated person, fast learner, team player, and creative problem solver
- Nice to have: 1-3 years of laboratory experience demonstrating sterile techniques and/or PCR testing
Offers & benefits:
- The opportunity to work with an inspired team on challenging problems that matter
- An attractive compensation package, including health and lifestyle benefits
- A minimum of 3 weeks’ vacation
- Opportunities for personal and professional development
At AbCellera, we’re solving tough problems and creating innovative solutions from the ground up - custom immunizations, microfluidics, high-throughput imaging, genomics, computation, machine learning and laboratory automation. We’re revolutionizing how our scientists can explore antibodies and the scale at which they can do so. This is life-changing research and you could be a part of it.
You’ll join a diverse and multi-disciplinary team of biologists, biochemists, engineers, bioinformaticians, computer scientists and physicists - all working together to bring better therapies to patients. We’re a growing company with a high-throughput pipeline and the drive to be the best in the industry. This isn’t just about having the best technology. We know we need a world-class team of visionaries and innovators. We look for people with drive and energy. Idealists. People we love and people we trust. This may be unconventional, but it is the key to our success. We’re looking for someone like you to support, nurture and organize our efforts along the way.
Please submit your application through our website and refer to Job ID 23066 in your cover letter. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.